Our occupational medicine specialist at Catalyst Medical Group is a renowned expert in the field, dedicated to diagnosing and treating work-related injuries and conditions.
Occupational injuries can occur due to various factors, including repetitive strain, accidents, or exposure to hazardous materials. These injuries often manifest as discomfort, pain, or limited mobility, affecting an individual's ability to perform job-related tasks effectively.
In some cases, if left untreated, occupational injuries can lead to chronic pain and long-term disabilities, impacting both the individual's quality of life and their ability to work efficiently.
Common occupational injuries and conditions include:
- Repetitive strain injuries: Caused by repetitive motions or overuse of specific body parts, leading to pain and inflammation. Examples include carpal tunnel syndrome and tendonitis (medically referred to as tendinitis).
- Sprains and strains: Resulting from sudden twists, falls, or heavy lifting, causing damage to muscles, ligaments, or tendons.
- Work-related musculoskeletal injuries: Affecting muscles, bones, tendons, and nerves due to trauma from a fall or accident. Examples include rotator cuff injuries and herniated discs.
When to Seek Help for a Work Injury
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms related to occupational injuries, it's crucial to seek medical attention from an occupational medicine provider:
- Persistent pain or discomfort in specific body parts, hindering your ability to work effectively
- Limited range of motion or stiffness, making it challenging to perform routine tasks
- Swelling, redness, or warmth in the affected area, indicating inflammation or infection
- Numbness, tingling, or weakness in your limbs, suggesting nerve compression or damage
At Catalyst Medical Group, we recognize the impact of occupational injuries on your daily life and livelihood. Our experienced occupational medicine provider is here to help you regain your health and functionality, enabling you to return to work safely.
To schedule an appointment with our dedicated occupational medicine specialist, please request an appointment online or call (208) 746-1383. Your well-being and ability to perform your job tasks matter to us, and we are committed to providing personalized and effective care tailored to your specific needs.
Catalyst Medical Group in Lewiston, Idaho, offers walk-in care seven days a week with extended evening hours, providing quality, cost-effective treatment for unexpected injuries or illnesses.
Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Why Choose Catalyst Medical Group?
At Catalyst Medical Group, our specialty-trained providers are proud to serve our community and provide experienced and compassionate medical treatments to patients through our Valley Medical Center office in Lewiston. Our occupational medicine specialist has completed years of training, specifically in the diagnosis and treatment of work-related conditions and functional rehabilitation. With this advanced training, Dr. Cheryl Mallory has the experience and expertise to provide the care you need to regain your function and safely get back to work and life.
To consult with our occupational medicine specialist at Valley Medical Center, please request an appointment online or call (208) 746-1383.