You have a choice when it comes to your care services, and when you’re hurting or living with limits on your lifestyle, getting the solution you need starts with a precise, accurate diagnosis. Through Catalyst Medical Group’s magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) services at Lewiston Orthopedics, we are proud to offer you the expert imaging your provider needs to diagnose your condition and help you on your road to recovery.
An MRI is a harmless, noninvasive test that uses a strong magnetic field and radiofrequency waves to produce images of the inside of your body. The scans are very safe, and there is no radiation exposure.
Our convenient, state-of-the-art MRI services offer you:
- Advanced technology for high-quality imaging at a reduced cost
- Safe, noninvasive MRI examinations
- Scanning for all extremities, spine, and brain
- Fast, easy scheduling
- Scans with or without contrast
Preparing for an MRI scan and what to expect on your examination day:
- Please inform your MRI scheduling representative if you have a pacemaker, metal fragments in your eyes or body, or types of aneurysm clips and implants.
- Most MRI scans take about 45 minutes each. Some parts of the body may take up to 1-1/2 hours. If you are having 3 or more scans done, you may want to consider scheduling them on separate days.
- You may wear normal street clothes as long as they do not contain any metal, including zippers, snaps, buttons, and metallic threads. You will also be asked to remove all jewelry, glasses, dentures, loose change, wallets, bank or credit cards, wigs, etc.
- If you are on medications, you can continue to take them as prescribed. If you have pain medication, you should also take these so your exam will be more comfortable, as you will have to lie still during the exam.
- When ready for your MRI scan, you will be asked to lie on the table either head- or feet-first, depending on the type of exam. The table will then move the part of the body being scanned to the center of the magnet. You will hear a loud knocking/buzzing as you are being scanned. Due to the loud noises, you will be given earplugs to wear.
- If you are claustrophobic, please inform the digital imaging technician. There are medications that can be provided for you to make you more at ease. If you are in need of this medication, you will need to have someone available to drive you on the day of your exam. Please keep in mind we will do everything we can to keep you as comfortable as possible.
Why Choose Catalyst Medical Group for Your MRI Scan?
At Catalyst Medical Group, our dedicated team of surgeons, doctors, providers, and technicians at Lewiston Orthopedics collaborates closely with patients to deliver the highest standard of care. We specialize in conducting MRI scans and other advanced diagnostic services, ensuring precise and reliable results for informed medical decisions.
For an appointment with our trusted imaging experts, have your referring provider send in your MRI order today. If you have questions regarding our MRI services, call our Lewiston Orthopedics office at (208) 743-3523.