Catalyst Medical Group, Valley Medical Center Division – Lewiston, Idaho
The Valley Medical Center (VMC) Division of Catalyst Medical Group is the largest, multi-specialty physician practice in the state of Idaho. Located in north central Idaho, our mission is to provide compassionate, high-value care to improve the lives of our patients, staff and providers.
The Director of Clinical Information Systems will manage a team of clinical IS staff. The Director plans and directs all aspects of design, implementation and maintenance of clinical information systems to effectively apply technology solutions to improve clinical operations. The Director performs administrative and management functions for the health system’s clinical IS area.
The Director is responsible for translating the mission, strategic goals and program priorities of the organization into department operations. The Director will be responsible for providing leadership, direction and management of information systems that directly support clinical information system solutions. The Director manages the analysis, selection, design, implementation and support of clinical information systems solutions to manage and improve clinical operations.
- Plans, prioritizes, summarizes, directs and supervises staff, users and vendors in clinical systems development and support functions with an emphasis on complete, accurate, compliant and secure systems.
- Provides functional and technical leadership for the implementation and support of software applications (internally or vendor developed), enhancements, and modifications.
- Prepares and recommends short and long-term goals and objectives for the systems development and support functions and in support of the overall IS strategy.
- Provides insight and the appropriate level of reporting to various leaders and partners within the organization.
- Monitors system issues and performance and when necessary escalates issues to the appropriate stakeholders and supports incident and problem management efforts.
- Supervises and conducts special analyses, such as requirements analysis, system feasibility studies, systems selection and process improvement projects.
- Insures the development of functionally accurate, efficient, well-tested, and secure program code, utilities, and tools.
- Ensures the development of test areas, system test data, and testing methods prior to implementation of new or revised systems and is accountable for post-implementation reviews.
- Ensures that limitations and constraints (cost, time volumes, benefits, and risks) and controls (security, audit, operational) are considered, documented and reported to the CEO.
- Develops capital and operating budgets and demonstrates fiscal leadership and responsibility in utilizing resources.
- Ensures the ongoing integration of information security with business strategies and requirements.
- Ensures that the access control, disaster recovery, and business continuity needs of the organization are properly addressed.
- Interfaces and partners with user departments to exchange information and ideas, review requests for service, and/or resolve problems to meet customer needs.
- Initiates, recommends and approves human resources actions including hiring, terminations, and disciplinary actions.
- Stays abreast of emerging risks, technologies, recalls and product safety concerns for devices and systems.
- Establishes a knowledge base of issues and resolutions for common system and process issues.
- A college degree in related field or equivalent, specialized training and/or equivalent work experience
- Certification in Project Management and prior project management experience in clinical information systems preferred.
- 5 years information systems leadership experience as a supervisor or manager in a large hospital, academic medical center or healthcare setting.
- Advanced clinical system experience highly preferred.
- Prior experience with technical support and information security management around the electronic medical record health systems.
- Five years of experience in both technical and strategic roles in healthcare environments (in integrated healthcare systems).
- Documented success in addressing business needs with information management solutions and practices and leading the design, development, deployment, and support of clinical information systems.
- Proven ability to organize and effectively manage a complex, cross-segment business change initiative.
- Ability to analyze and present data to influence behavior, stimulates innovation, promote best practices, and drive organizational change.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and interpersonal effectiveness required to work collaboratively with multiple disciplines, e.g., physicians, administrative, external agencies and vendors.
- Capable of consistently exercising diplomacy, patience, and tact.
- Ability to manage silos, confront issues and work toward to collaborative solutions.
- Critical thinking, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Solid experience in understanding clinical workflow.
- Organizational skills, along with attention to detail, and the ability to achieve deadlines in a complex, dynamic environment.
- Ability to direct, educate and manage the customers.
Salary DOE; excellent benefits package provided, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), etc. Resume and cover letter should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.